StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Alethea Austins DVDs

• Alethea Austins DVDs

Posted by iani on October 1, 2014 at 5:56 am

Hello,

I’ve been poling just for a few months, went to class 4-5 times but the schedule does not really fit my job sadly, since then I have been geeking a lot over Veena’s lessons and I think it’s helping a lot.
    I was thinking of getting the Alethea Austins DVDs (as digital downloads) to go along with Veena’s lessons, especially cause flexibility and floorwork are my nemesis (I have strength, so I can sort of cheat my way through some stuff on the pole, but graceful is something that’s really not there yet. Someone said I should do mallakhamb as it honestly looks like I am wrestling the pole not dancing on it…)
    So… anyone has those DVDs and can give me their opinion? Do they make any sense for a beginner like me (5 months)? Would you recommend a specific one to start with?

Thanks everyone =)

iani replied 9 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • dustbunny

October 1, 2014 at 7:42 am

I have both Pure Splits and Stretching for Pole. Both are great flexy DVDs and a great supplement to Veena’s stretching routines. Are they “better”? That’s debatable, but I did see improvement when I was using them regularly. There are some beginner variations shown but if you’re totally inflexible you may find yourself frustrated.
    I personally prefer Veena routines but since there are different stretches in AA’s DVDs it is good for variety.

• Stefana of Light

October 1, 2014 at 7:43 am

Hello!! Huge AA fan here! She is my all time muse!! One thing i will say is i did start pole with her dvds (so i went from 0 activity to 5 times a week)and i believe 5 times a week is a bit much for me, That pertains to her stretching and splits dvds. I think she says 3 times a week to keep flexibility. 5x. a week to gain. I believe i pulled my groin by not resting. This was just my experience however and everyone is so different. I did learn a ton of great stretches from her and i LOVE her sig warm-up!! Floorwork and sexy fundamentals were are a huge help;) plus she’s just so Damn fun to look at!!! Hope that helps;)

• iani

October 1, 2014 at 8:37 am

I think I will get them tonight then, your girls inspired me =)
    I train more or less every day, let’s say 6 times a week, 3 in the gym, the rest at home. Pole training is a bit hard for me because I struggle to make a training routine, and if I try moves and stuff I need to keep stopping to check the lesson again, or I get awful poleburn real fast and have to stop, which makes me feel like I did not train at all and is quite frustrating.

So as a sort of spin-off question: what do you people do on a normal training session? Or what did you use to do when you were complete beginners?

• dustbunny

October 1, 2014 at 8:45 am

I’m doing Veena’s 30 Day takeoff right now. It is helping me learn how to plan more effective daily workouts that include warming up, conditioning, pole work and stretching and that it doesn’t have to take up 2 hours of my day or leave me sore for days after. Highly recommended for polers of all levels!

• Lucca Valentine

October 1, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Shoog I knew those were some alethea inspired moves in your floorwork! I want the DVD so bad but it’s so expensive 🙁

• Lucca Valentine

October 1, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Oh wow I didn’t even see the digital downloads!

• Stefana of Light

October 1, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Lucca- I’ll sell you my 4 disc set!!

• iani

October 2, 2014 at 3:59 am

I was a bit taken aback by the fact the website does not offer paypal, but only direct payment to them giving credit card data (they do offer paypal for everything else, just not for the digital downloads!).
    I am a bit paranoid as I had my credit card cloned before (I do not mistrust the Alethea Austins website itself, just anyone that might break into their data), so I wrote them to ask why they don’t offer paypal for the digital downloads… I’ll let you know if they answer.

Gives me more time to think which of them I should buy ^^

• Stefana of Light

October 2, 2014 at 7:51 am

For me I stated with the Althea DVDs. That was my version of training, however lack of explanation or just me being new I guess, led to me feeling lost or pushing myself too far because I’m staring at a über flexy lady thinking I should go that far too!! Ha. Just want to say I think the AA DVDs are fantastic by I was not doing anything outside as far or strength or conditioning and that is why I love Veena. She breaks everything down. Everything!! And her new flow motion stretches are my absolute fav , you can do them anytime no warmup. Anyways I have had hard time fitting the serious stuff into pole until I started on this site. The 30 days will help you see a variety of exercises and the lessons are very thorough! I’m on a tiny break right now due to a year of constant poling and this last year I paid for it. Good luck finding the right stuff for you!!! 🙂

• Phoenix Hunter

October 2, 2014 at 11:41 am

For a safe, effective flexibility DVD I would use the Get Bendy DVDs. They are safe and have thorough explanation that even a beginner can work with

• brigittec016017

October 2, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Hey I have all four I really got a lot out of the floor work DVD I’ve been poking for 9 months and the pure splits in saying that I like to do the pure splits after a workout I love cleos rocking legs and abs DVD for flexibility I’ve been able to get both side splits flat due to that and I like to do veena splits routine too! I guess I get bored with the same thing I like to mix it up I find veenas workout is better for my middle splits and straddle position!! Um yeah so that’s my opinion hope it helps!!

• brigittec016017

October 2, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Poling not poking stupid iPad predictive text

• iani

October 19, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Update: as I aid I contacted the AA website asking why DVDs and clothing could be paid through paypal and the digital downloads cannot. Answer was that they use a different service for the downloads, and it does not support paypal.
    Being VERY paranoid about giving credit card data (bad hacker experiences in the past) I decided to chicken out.
    BUT I got Cleo the Hurricane’s Rocking legs and abs. Now, I realize it’s not the same thing as AA’s, but it had paypal and I actually enjoy the music a lot =)
    I am on week 3 (just started) of followjng her hardcore program, and it’s already giving results! I am not stronger, but I am more flexible, and I am learning to use the right muscles to do something rather than pushing for a result without knowing what is required to get there (not sure if that makes any sense, can’t explain better though)