StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Aerial Silks for the pole

• Aerial Silks for the pole

Posted by la femme on September 17, 2014 at 9:36 am

i was on here the other day and seen a link, click on it and it was a place that sold them i can t remember who..who sells aerial silks…something little mink i think.lol

polesilks replied 9 years, 5 months ago 15 Members · 36 Replies
  • 36 Replies
  • Tigerschic041721

September 17, 2014 at 11:29 am

Polesilks.co.uk sells them but I think it’s only in UK….anyone know of US seller? I’ve been looking into these too and also wondering if it could convert into an aerial yoga hammock or if it’s too close to the pole for that to work well.

• sylvia27

September 17, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Just saw a discussion about pole silks that sells it on on fabpole.net. I have a pole and silks abut 3 ft for each other and I do combine using the two , but Im looking into getting the attachment that goes on the pole. Fabpole is in the us

• chemgoddess1

September 17, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Leesi from L’Ru Studios is on SV. There are 2 attachments available. The original is a neoprene like piece and there is a new one out specifically designed for X Poles that is made of metal.

• LilMynx

September 17, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Lil’ Mynx carries Pole Aria – http://www.LilMynx.com

• la femme

September 17, 2014 at 12:51 pm

thank you yep thats it

• la femme

September 17, 2014 at 12:53 pm

k nope thats not the site

• Tigerschic041721

September 17, 2014 at 1:38 pm

What is the diff between fabpole, pole aria, and polesilks?

• Tigerschic041721

September 17, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Is there any benefit of using neoprene vs the metal attachment? And can both be used on xpole

• LRu Studios

September 17, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Hi, there are now four attachments out there to attach fabric to a pole. Pole aria, pole silks, silkii, and Nexus Wrap. The first three are made from a metal material and the nexus wrap is rubber. I have used them all and they all work just fine. I hope that helped a little. Smiles, Leesi L’Ru

• LRu Studios

September 17, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Sorry I forgot to answer a question. Silkii only fits expert and stage poles. The others for all but are limited to size except the Nexus Wrap fits all sizes.

• LRu Studios

September 17, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Sorry again -silkii only fits x-poles.

• LRu Studios

September 17, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Fabpole.net #fabpole if you want to see the nexus wrap.

• Tigerschic041721

September 17, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Silkii looks like only in Australia and only for x-stage. Although shouldn’t it be the same pole (not sure why it says only xstage)? I did see the others you mentioned l’rue…wondering if the metal ones might eventually cause damage to the pole and if the rubber piece is as sturdy as the metal options since it uses velcro to attach? Thanks!

• X Pole Tech

September 17, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Silkii is available from all X-Pole offices, depending on stock. USA, UK and Australia definitely have stock and the instructions have just been finalised.

Silkii has been designed for X-Pole and can be used on both X-Stages and Poles. But a permanent mount or a ceiling plate (for upper domes) is mandatory.

Any pole using any silk attachment should have a fixed mount or fixed ceiling plate. The side and centre loads on a pole with a silk attachment are very different from any poles initial design criteria and so, the possibility of the pole moving or are falling without a mount/plate are significantly increased.

While designed for X-Pole a Silkii can be used on any pole if the pin in the centre is removed – it is a hex bolt.

Finally the Silkii has beautifully rounded edges to avoid damage to the pole.

X-Pole Tech Team

• Tigerschic041721

September 17, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Hi xpole thanks for clarifying about the edges. None of the aerial products including SiLKii (or the pole away) show up on the US website so I guess just have to call for those type of things? From the image on the AUS site, at first looked like needed two separate pieces of fabric to attach (which I guess could be an option?) but at closer look I see the girl is only using one side for a one point contact. Does this mean you could potentially attach two sets of fabric (like for two people) or is it only there for a hammock/double point connection?

Not sure if anyone else is interested but from my observation….

Pole aria or fabpole don’t look to have this option for two sets (if that’s even possible with SiLKii).

Aria looks like it will be about $200+shipping (this includes the attachments and fabric) for my ceiling height (over 10′). Fabric is black medium stretch with no other options. Wondering what the width is of this fabric so I could switch between uses of silks>hammock.

Fabpole gives options with or without fabric plus custom colors for additional charge. Looks like about $10 shipping added in the drop box price. So comparing apples to apples could save about $35+shipping here (or use towards a fancy color). Also says non & medium stretch fabric but no option in the drop box to choose a preference. And wondering about fabric width.

SiLKii is $120+shipping according to AUS site so not sure if this is accurate for US. Either way does not include fabric so probably a higher cost overall although if it allows for two sets of fabric could be something to consider for people who perform as doubles. And would ensure the user has their preference of fabric stretch/non, width and color.

PoleSilks seems like the most expensive (although could be similar to SiLKii depending on your choices there). Also am not a fan of the logo drawing attention if performing for instance. There are a few color options though (all priced the same).

This is just my out loud though process that maybe can be helpful to someone else in the same boat…if anyone can confirm or advise it is much appreciated!

Page 1 of 3